refueling steam powers; fuel exhanger from steam warriors

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

modus666
Wild-Eyed Zealot

refueling steam powers; fuel exhanger from steam warriors

Post by modus666 »

to quote the information from steam warriors, pg 86,

"For example, a pilot light normally has 10 uses before needed to be refueled, but a pilot light with a fuel maximizer would allow 20 uses before refueling."

I couldnt find anywhere other than this that says exactly how many uses a steam power has or how much fuel it needs. can someone point me in the right direction?
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

Certain steam powers (like the pilot light) have in their descriptions some information about fuel and number of uses. If the steam power or piece of equipment doesn't specifically state anything about fuel or number of uses, I think it's safe to say that it doesn't require any and something like the fuel maximizer would have no effect on it.

Now a good question is "Could a steam mage put a fuel maximizer on a wand or other charge based magic item and get twice as much use out of it?"
Dieter Zimmerman
[[Faceless Minion of the Dark Master]]
modus666
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by modus666 »

mythfish wrote:Certain steam powers (like the pilot light) have in their descriptions some information about fuel and number of uses. If the steam power or piece of equipment doesn't specifically state anything about fuel or number of uses, I think it's safe to say that it doesn't require any and something like the fuel maximizer would have no effect on it.
did i miss something? i couldnt find anything in the basic Dragonmech book that says anything about fuel capactity for pilot light
Now a good question is "Could a steam mage put a fuel maximizer on a wand or other charge based magic item and get twice as much use out of it?"
HEY! you saying my questions arent good? :P :)
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

modus666 wrote: did i miss something? i couldnt find anything in the basic Dragonmech book that says anything about fuel capactity for pilot light
The last paragraph of the pilot light description starts with "A pilot light requires a fuel source. It can hold enough fuel for 10 shots before requiring reloading." It looks like the fog generator is the only other steam power in the core book that requires fuel: "...can be used four times before draining its water reservoir".

HEY! you saying my questions arent good? :P :)
Not at all! I'm just saying mine are better. :twisted:
Dieter Zimmerman
[[Faceless Minion of the Dark Master]]
modus666
Wild-Eyed Zealot

ok... wow...

Post by modus666 »

i must just be brain dead and missed it.

Return to “DragonMech”