Some things i'd like to see

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

Reese
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Some things i'd like to see

Post by Reese »

well, there wasn't a thread for htis, per se, so i figured one ought to be made... sooo, without further ado (well, maybe a little):

some things i'd like to see in other DragonMech products...

the other side of the world, how they fared after the lunar rain, what sort of technology they've developed to survive, organizations that may have survived or sprung up in the wake of the lunar rain, different cultures (maybe fodder for oriental adventures type stuff and Anime style transforming mech combat :lol: )

(for that matter, the mountainous region in the north west portion of the DragonMech map doesn't have any description at all in the DragonMech gazetter section, so, naturally, i'm curious)

a more in-depth look at the underworld sections of Highpoint... kingdoms, genreal areas of dominance (before and after the lunar rain) locations of cities and trade routes (if such existed or exist) major land marks (underground seas? ruins of ancient drow fortresses? an image maker chamber a'la Matrix?)

a mech 'character sheet' (though i bet something like that is already going to be included in the Mech handbook that i understand is coming soon... )
LVSUBARU
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by LVSUBARU »

I like the rest of the world undescribed. It leave room for some "homemade" lands to fit each Dragonmech campaign's prefences.
I do agree on the underworld. I would like more info on that. 8)
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Some things i'd like to see

Post by goodmangames »

Reese wrote:a mech 'character sheet' (though i bet something like that is already going to be included in the Mech handbook that i understand is coming soon... )
Gotcha covered on this one... the mech schematic sheet is in the back of Shardsfall Quest. It was supposed to be in the main book, but we ran out of room.

As for the other suggestions, I'll keep my eye on this thread!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
chrispys
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by chrispys »

[quote="goodmangames"]
Gotcha covered on this one... the mech schematic sheet is in the back of Shardsfall Quest. It was supposed to be in the main book, but we ran out of room.

As for the other suggestions, I'll keep my eye on this thread![/quote]

Can we expect to see this posted as a PDF to the Free downloads section (or did I miss it?). It sure makes it easier. Thanks!!!

-chrispys

P.S. Great setting!
Jaxom Faux
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Jaxom Faux »

as, what about the ol' kingdom of Zeal, the magic floating continent that is chock-full o powermages who stay high and aloof in the sky? i think that such a secret mage haven would be very interesting, perhaps it was how one of the other continents survived and they eventually floated by highpoint following the world currents?
And Remember kids:
"Jû§† ßÊçÅù§Ê §Ømë-øñé WãñÐꮧ ÐøêŠ Ñø† MèÅñ hË ¡§ Lø§†...."
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

chrispys wrote: Can we expect to see this posted as a PDF to the Free downloads section (or did I miss it?). It sure makes it easier. Thanks!!!
Yep, I'll post it after Shardsfall Quest has a chance to make it into stores.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Sword Guy
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Sword Guy »

*watches clock impatiently*

Ship faster, ship faster! :)
DragonMech DM soon, with any luck.

Owner of all DragonMech books, Etherscope core book, and DCC 12.5: Iron Crypt of the Heretics.

Materials for the DM . . .

Post by Guest »

What would you guys think of various DM-targeted materials for DragonMech? Materials designed to assist the DM in planning and running adventures and campaigns in the DragonMech world.
chrispys
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by chrispys »

[quote="goodmangames"][quote="chrispys"]
Can we expect to see this posted as a PDF to the Free downloads section (or did I miss it?). It sure makes it easier. Thanks!!![/quote]

Yep, I'll post it after Shardsfall Quest has a chance to make it into stores.[/quote]

LOL... Guess that is the advantage and disadvantate of attending GenCon... didn't have to wait for it to hit the stores, but I'll have to wait to see the PDF. :D

Thanks!

-Chris
Phasma Felis
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Phasma Felis »

goodmangames wrote:Yep, I'll post it after Shardsfall Quest has a chance to make it into stores.
So that's, what, the sixth? Having a mech schematic sheet will make my scheming much easier. :)
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

I just e-mailed the graphic designer, asking him to send it to me in PDF format. I'll post it as soon as I get it...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Reese
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Reese »

thought of another thing i'd find interesting...

mech specific martial arts feats with the mech-fu as a pre-requisite...

adaptions of prestige classes that specializes with weapons that are geared towards the use of steam powered weapons like the chatter sword, buzz saw, lobster claw, and steam rifle

more in-depth guides to the various Highpoint cultures that are only lightly touched upon in the setting book's highpoint gazetter section

some maps that pick out the general areas of control for the different factions and the usual routes taken by the named city mechs (i would assume that they have more or less set routes to make them both easier to find for trade and because it's easier to follow a known path than to continually forge a new one)

that's all my poor brain can think of ATM
Namfoodle "Sparklediver" Raulnor
{Wounds -12; HP = 11/23}
LVSUBARU
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by LVSUBARU »

I'd like to see a book of just the citymechs. Descibing the layouts, routes, and who's in charge.
I Hate All Life
Gongfarmer

Post by I Hate All Life »

Maybe a clockborg or anima-borg prestige classes (basically, upgrades from steamborgs)?
The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlamp of an oncoming train.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

OK, guys, I just posted the mech schematic sheet from Shardsfall Quest:

http://www.goodman-games.com/freematerial.php

Hope that helps!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Ken Hart
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Ken Hart »