Dragonmech: PCs NPCs?

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

cssmythe3
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Dragonmech: PCs NPCs?

Post by cssmythe3 »

To help me get a jump start on putting together a new campaign, could ya'll post some of your favorite home-brewed DragonMech PCs and NPCs?

Thanks in advance!

-Chuck

PS: Any of you live near Sacramento, California by any chance?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

I'll bug the guys in my group and see if any of them can help you out...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Drem
Gongfarmer

Some of my faves

Post by Drem »

I played a regular gnome bard/rogue which was quite fun, but not very DragonMech specific. During our campaign, we had some nights where our DM wasn't available so one of us would "guest DM." One side campaign was doing a job for a forboding mob-like boss named Stone. He was a heavy player in Edge. The adventure gave a good feeling of an Edge underground. We were hired to serve as security on a big transport mech carrying a delivery for Stone. We started in Edge and get glimpse of the underworld to get hired for the job. Then we treck out on a big transport and fight off all manner of raiders and intrigue of a plot twist on board the transport.

The adventure had a number of good elements and characters. First was the smuggler underworld with henchmen like a buzzaxe toting right hand man in charge of the transport mech. A group of NPC security is along for the ride as well as us with a clockwork ranger, a sorceress, and a barbarian. We also meet the strange crew of the transport mech. A Pilot, some twins that are gunners, a crew of dwarves shoveling coal, a crazy engineer dwarf with no legs that moves around the boiler room and mech suspended from a harness on rails, and others. The transport mech is huge and gives a good environment for the adventure. It being a mech keeps it on the move, it's not as large as a city mech, it's not as small as a normal combat mech. Mech batttles focused on boarding parties trying to get on the transport and steal our goods.

Not sure if it's what you're looking for but it was fun. The DragonMech campaign setting is actually quite versatile. A lot of our party were traditional D&D classes, but they were definitely DragonMech characters. As a bard/rogue I had a lot of fun playing diplomat with all the different towns and mechs we encountered.

Hope you enjoy DragonMech
Jaxom Faux
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Jaxom Faux »

since d&d 2.0 i've had a favorite gnome i occasionally dust off and update to other systems. He's invariably a gnome who's increadably cheerful and has many crazy inventions or alchemy and occasionally has a problem with "collateral damage". The stories of Gus-Gus (insert MANY other "middle" names) Myhandinyourpocket are all very wild and funny. In dragonmech i''m thinknin he's definately a coglayer gone gearwright, i've drawn him up to 8th level as a cohort for a character i plan on playing and he's very cool. Wears hydraulic armor with "jump boots" and has a juiced up steamgun that can fire once a round. And then there's the "Main gun" he installed on my mech jockeys mech....on par with the city killer unique weap firing explosive shells......collateral damage.....so much fun...oh yeah, a favorite quote for him is "Uhhhhh.......Oooops??"
And Remember kids:
"Jû§† ßÊçÅù§Ê §Ømë-øñé WãñÐꮧ ÐøêŠ Ñø† MèÅñ hË ¡§ Lø§†...."
Sword Guy (Guest version)

Post by Sword Guy (Guest version) »

I would suggest using some of the names from the Dragonmech book itself. There are a lot of very specific characters in that book, which you could easily expand upon.

Example:

Gilmer Guddengut, a talented coglayer, was the first dwarf to ever create the Spark Generator. His workshop is filled with fine cloths, amber rods, and as many failed attempts at his device as you can name. There are many chairs and benches around, but all of them support equipment, not a place to sit. Coils of wire sit around the workshop, their combined efforts making the floor seem more like a metal spiderweb than stone tiles.

Return to “DragonMech”