Complete Guide to Vampires

Comments on our other product lines: Dungeon Alphabet, Monster Alphabet, Cthulhu Alphabet, How to Write Adventure Modules That Don't Suck, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Kalidrev
Gongfarmer

Complete Guide to Vampires

Post by Kalidrev »

I had a question about the Arch-Vampire...

Was it designed to be an epic prestige class? I ask this because of the prerequisites (mainly the +7 BAB and +6 Reflex save). Only the ranger class could meet the prerequisites by ECL 16 (Rng 8/Vamp8), which wouldn't finish until ECL 26. A rogue/monk/bard would need to be ECL 18 (Rog/Mnk/Brd10/Vamp8) and wouldn't finish until ECL 28, and everyone else would have to be ECL 28 to start!! (ie Sor20/Vamp8)

Also, is there any Errata for this book? I didn't see any on the site.
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

I wrote the Complete Guide to Vampires. The Base Attack Bonus +7 and Saves: Ref +6 requirements should be dropped entirely.

On my first draft of the book I gave the vampire races Attack Bonuses and Save Bonuses. As I recall the standard vampire would have had a fighter base attack bonus and a good Reflex save. This would have allowed an 8th level standard vampire to qualify for Arch-Vampire quite easily.

However I revised the book to better mesh with the core vampire, which does not get attack or save bonuses for the levels spent in vampire and removed them. The requirements should have been removed from the prestige class but I overlooked it.

I've suggested to Joseph Goodman that this should be added as official errata for the book.

Thanks for pointing out the problem!

There is no errata for the Complete Guide to Vampires. Until this problem I had not heard about any problems with the book. If you have any other questions or concerns about the book, please ask.

There is a web enhancement for the book. This contains two NPC vampires I wrote up that were not included in the final product. You can find the download at (http://www.goodman-games.com/downloads/ ... Extras.pdf)

Mark Charke
Kalidrev
Gongfarmer

Post by Kalidrev »

:shock: OMG! Thank you SOOO much for such a quick response! Wow... that SOOO changes everything. I have just gone from :cry: to :twisted: ! I absolutely love Complete Guide to Vampires. I'm about to start up an Eberron campaign and have my players deal with a coven of vampires. Your book (and concequently the new errata you just gave me) is going to help me out BIG time!
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

Because of your interest in the book, I asked Joseph Goodman and he gave me permission to post all the material that was cut from the book.

I was contracted to write 30 000 words for the book and produced 44 000 words. I've compiled this cut material and put it on my own website for download. If I'm lucky Joseph might compile the material into a proper PDF. I must admit my skills with Indesign are a little rough but I'm still learning.

You can download the extra material here: Cut Material PDF.

Mark Charke
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

Thanks, Charke! Complete Guide to Vampires was actually my first GGames book. Great job. :D
dulsi
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Complete Guide to Vampires

Post by dulsi »

Looks like the cut material is no longer available at the provided link. Anyone know if it is available anywhere else?
Dennis Payne
Identical Games
Crack
Gongfarmer

Post by Crack »

couldn't find it everywhere. need a medic here lol
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Sorry guys, that material isn't hosted on our site so I can't help you out with a better link. I dropped Mark a note so hopefully he can provide us with a new link.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

I re-organized my website a while back. The material was still on my site, but in a different folder. I have updated the PDF, there were a few problems with the PDF which I've long since learned how to fix, table spacing and such, and here is a link to the updated file;

http://www.charke.ca/My%20Writing/Sampl ... 202012.pdf

I'm thrilled that my material is being used!

Mark Charke

Return to “System Neutral Products and More”