What night(s) do you game on?

You know... whatever.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

What night(s) do you game on?

Post by GnomeBoy »

We've been playing on Friday nights for more years than I can remember (15? 16?*). We get away with this despite now having wives (one each, mind you) and families because we only play every other Friday, from April to December, and even then things can get pushed back and the next game night delayed -- we probably end up playing 14 to 16 times a year when it's all said and done...

What night is your game night?

Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
mshensley
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: What night(s) do you game on?

Post by mshensley »

Thursday nights at http://organizedplay.org/.
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

I'm starting a new group and we will meet one Saturday out of every month. The first adventure will be Tower of the Black Pearl. Two of the players are trying D&D for the first time. If they hate it I'll just blame it all on Harley. :)
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

We used to game on Friday nights, but too many of our players are teachers and Fridays got booked with football in the fall, so we switched to Saturday nights.

In a way I prefer Fridays, because it made for a great end to the week. With a Saturday game I find myself spending a lot of time getting the house ready, making food, and generally preparing for play, but on Fridays folks would just show up and play.

Ah, the good old days....
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
gamerprinter
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by gamerprinter »

Saturday night is our gaming night, at least for the past 30 years. We probably game 40 weeks a year. Switching between four houses of four out of six players. We play multiple games including a card or board game in the mix, basically from about 6 pm to 2 or 3 am.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

gamerprinter wrote:We probably game 40 weeks a year.
:mrgreen: Envy.

My group used to play quite often, although not quite 40 weeks per year, but at least every other weekend. And then...

... kids happened. That slowed us down. Then they got a little older and actually started playing with us. Gaming picked up again. And then...

... kids hit high school. This killed gaming a lot more than we thought, since they had all of their own activities and things where we had to play taxi all of the time. Plus, we didn't want to play when they couldn't make it.

We're on the upswing at the moment, but it really surprised me how much the "real world" can get in the way of a good campaign. :P
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman

Return to “Everything Else”