Gen Con / Vault of the Dragon Kings Session Report Contest

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Gen Con / Vault of the Dragon Kings Session Report Contest

Post by ynnen »

[Note - This was distributed/promoted at GenCon Indy 2005, and is being re-posted here for consistency and to remind players who participated in the tournament to get involved in this exciting contest!!]

Continue your adventure with the Vault of the Dragon Kings Session Report Contest—Tales from the Vault

We know you’ll be talking about your experiences in the Vault of the Dragon Kings for some time now. And here’s your opportunity to share those stories with others! Just submit a session report recapping the events of your journey through the Vault of the Dragon Kings and you may be a winner!

The rules are simple. Write a written session report of 1,000 words or less about your party’s experience in the Vault of the Dragon Kings during the 2005 Dungeon Crawl Classic Open Tournament at GenCon. Then send your submission in text file or Word Document format to info@goodman-games.com along with your first and last name, your tournament team name and the Player Character you ran during the tournament. All submissions must be received no later than September 17, 2005. Limit one submission per person.

The submissions will be read and judged by our panel of discriminating Vault of the Dragon Kings DMs and authors. There will be 1 Grand Prize Winner and 2 Runner Up Winners. Each Runner Up Winner will receive an autographed copy of the print version of Vault of the Dragon Kings when it is available. The Grand Prize Winner will have his story appear in the final print version of the module and receive 4 signed copies of Vault of the Dragon Kings to share with his friends!

For more information about this contest, or other Goodman Games products and promotions, visit the website at www.goodmangames.com. By submitting a contest entry, you’re giving Goodman Games permission to use your entry for promotional use, on their website or via other media.
Crypt of the Devil Lich, Dungeon Interludes, The Mask of Death, Adventure Begins, Vault of the Dragon Kings, the Power Gamers Wizard Strategy Guide, The Adventure Continues, Palace in the Wastes and PhoenixCrawl Open
Tindalos
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Tindalos »

I have written a report of our group's adventure and have gone through my allotment of 1000 words on the first session any chance on getting that increased?
HOW MANY OF YOU BELIEVE IN PSYCHO-KINESIS? RAISE MY HAND.
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

Sorry -- I'm sticking with 1000 words to ensure that regardless of how many sessions a player/team went through (eliminated in the first round or made it to the finals), everyone has the same creative restrictions and should have plenty of good content to write about. It is a contest, after all -- making it easy would, well... make it too easy! :D

A few random suggestions for people struggling to find their muse for this project:

... Pick a particular scene or sequence and focus on creative a narrative for that ...

... Get your tournament buddies to post their own submissions for the later rounds (the limit is 1 entry per person, not per team) ...

... Edit, re-edit, tighten and clarify what you've written ...

... Chronicle the entire thing, regardless of how long it takes, then find the passage that you like the most, and use that as your submission ...

... Write from one of the character's points of view to personalize the story (a last will, a letter to Dad back home, etc) ...
Crypt of the Devil Lich, Dungeon Interludes, The Mask of Death, Adventure Begins, Vault of the Dragon Kings, the Power Gamers Wizard Strategy Guide, The Adventure Continues, Palace in the Wastes and PhoenixCrawl Open
Tindalos
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Tindalos »

Will do and thanks!
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Another suggestion

Post by superfan »

Tindalos,

Another suggestion. Crayons, poor grammar, stop trying....or just let me win!!! :lol:

Superfan needs his autographed copy, and I'm a sucky writer!
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
Tindalos
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Vault of the Dragon Kings Session Report Contest

Post by Tindalos »

Just wondering if you have gotten a lot of reports as it were and if so if you have considered printing a book of them? I for one would think it would be fun to read other's accounts of the game, of course you would have to label it with a huge spoiler alert I guess. Oh well something to think about.
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Please just tell me I've won something!!!

Anything to get over the shame of my disasterous 3rd round performance in the Dragon Kings Tournament!!!!

I need to wear the "hubcap of shame" from KODT to get past it!

Ben "Superfan" Waxman
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

I've already sifted through all the entries, edited/proofread them and passed them along to Joseph. The winner and runners up have been selected, but I'll leave it to Joseph's discretion on how/when he'd like to announce the news.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

You'll have to be a little more patient -- the winner will be announced when the book is released in March 2006. Can you hold out that long? :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Tindalos
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Can I wait?

Post by Tindalos »

Um, No. But I guess I will have to. sniff.

Return to “Goodman Games General”