Vote for us in the ENnies!

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Vote for us in the ENnies!

Post by goodmangames »

I'm very pleased to announce that Dungeon Crawl Classics #10: The Dragonfiend Pact has been nominated as Best Adventure in the 2005 Gen Con ENnie Awards! If you enjoyed this module, please vote for us in the ENnies. You can find the voting booth here:

http://www.enworld.org/ennies/index.php?do=vote
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Save Vs. Death Ray
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Save Vs. Death Ray »

Begin Rant
+++++++

What?! No Goodman Games for best publisher? Who are these tasteless savages anyhow?! I demand a recount!

++++++
End rant.

Vote logged for Dragon Fiend Pact, Sir!
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

As I mentioned over on the Necro Boards, I don't know most of what was nominated.

I am sad Goodman Games didn't get more nominations.
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

I was really hoping that Crypt of the Devil Lich would get nominated, as an homage to the classic Tomb of Horrors, and for being such a hit at last year's GenCon... But getting Dragonfiend Pact nominated is awesome... Kudos to Goodman Games and Chris Doyle.
Crypt of the Devil Lich, Dungeon Interludes, The Mask of Death, Adventure Begins, Vault of the Dragon Kings, the Power Gamers Wizard Strategy Guide, The Adventure Continues, Palace in the Wastes and PhoenixCrawl Open
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

ynnen wrote:I was really hoping that Crypt of the Devil Lich would get nominated, as an homage to the classic Tomb of Horrors, and for being such a hit at last year's GenCon...
I was surprised that it wasn't nominated...and I'm fairly discriminating about my gaming purchases.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Save Vs. Death Ray
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Save Vs. Death Ray »

What is the process for the nominations? (I tried looking for this on the site, but couldn't find it.) How do the Hard Core G-Fanatics make darn well and certain we get more of our favorite products on next years list?
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Save Vs. Death Ray wrote:What is the process for the nominations? (I tried looking for this on the site, but couldn't find it.) How do the Hard Core G-Fanatics make darn well and certain we get more of our favorite products on next years list?
I believe that the process is that the publishers submit their products and the Ennie judges pick the nominations from those submitted.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

Is there any sort of fan submission form? I recall such a form for the Origins awards, where you could simply enter in your favorite games within each category, but don't recall any sort of interface or call for votes from the ENnies.
Crypt of the Devil Lich, Dungeon Interludes, The Mask of Death, Adventure Begins, Vault of the Dragon Kings, the Power Gamers Wizard Strategy Guide, The Adventure Continues, Palace in the Wastes and PhoenixCrawl Open
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

ynnen wrote:Is there any sort of fan submission form? I recall such a form for the Origins awards, where you could simply enter in your favorite games within each category, but don't recall any sort of interface or call for votes from the ENnies.
Someone who is more familiar with the ENnies or a moderator from ENWorld would probably be better to answer this...but I recall seeing that only publishers could submit their product. Otherwise, I would have readily submitted Crypt of the Devil Lich.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Only publishers can submit products for considerations. I submitted Crypt of the Devil Lich, as well as the rest of the DCC's published in the last year. I also submitted Blackmoor and DragonMech.

I'm glad The Dragonfiend Pact was nominated, as it's a good adventure, but in general I'm disappointed at this year's ENnies results. You can never know for sure what the tastes of the judges are, but I didn't expect that their tastes would exclude Crypt, Blackmoor, AND DragonMech!

The judge selection process involves members of the EN World fan base nominating themselves, then the public voting on who becomes a judge. So maybe next year we should all nominate ourselves as judges. ;)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Renshai »

I voted for Dragonfiend's Pact. I'm running my 11 year old son through it and I have to say we have had an absolute blast. It got my vote hands down. :)

By the way, my website was nominated as best fan-site.. I'm awfully proud of that :)

www.againsttheshadow.org

Return to “Goodman Games General”