Permission for Fantasy Grounds DCC Ruleset

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

driador
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Game Nite St. Louis

Permission for Fantasy Grounds DCC Ruleset

Post by driador »

Hey all,

I know some few weeks ago, I sent an email to Goodman Games asking if there was any intention for Goodman Games to develop or release a DCC Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds. I also asked that if not, would it be permissible to do so such that it was community driven, free for general use for Fantasy Grounds users, and was quite clear as to who the rights for the game itself belonged to (ie, Goodman Games). I'm not exactly sure who responded (it was a fairly terse email), but the blessing was more or less given, at least to me.

In the meantime, another Fantasy Ground user has been working on another implementation of the ruleset and wants to release it, but (again, erring on the side of caution) wanted to hear back from Goodman Games first beforehand. That said, I know that everyone has been busy with NTRPGCon and Origins and such, but is there any chance we could get an "official" nod of approval from the Dark Lord himself here? That way, if other users want to do something DCC (or perhaps MCC when it comes out <eg>) related, then this thread could be used as a point of referral if anyone steps up to complain or question about copyright, etc.

I don't mean to side step the aforementioned user or ask a redundant question after (again, at least to me) approval was given, but merely to make sure this was out in the open such that other Fantasy Grounds users could benefit from this as well.

Thanks in advance!
driador
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Game Nite St. Louis

Re: Permission for Fantasy Grounds DCC Ruleset

Post by driador »

Anyone... Bueller?
Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: Gateway Games & More

Re: Permission for Fantasy Grounds DCC Ruleset

Post by Rick »

If you haven't already, you may want to try the info @ goodman-games .com email address for better luck getting in touch w/ someone.

Return to “Goodman Games General”