Who wants to swap time slots for DCC Tourney?

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

scrotoz
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Who wants to swap time slots for DCC Tourney?

Post by scrotoz »

Hey all....another fun year of dealing with the Gen Con registration site.

Because of a combination of registration slowness, the popularity of this event (hooray!!), and some panic/mis-communication on the part of myself and my team members, we've got tickets all over the map. Looking to possibly swap with some people.

(Mods feel free to slap me around if this is the inappropriate place for this)

I've got:
2x tix for RPG01772 - Thursday @ 12pm
1x tic for RPG01773 - Thursday @ 12pm
2x tix for RPG01797 - Friday @ 2pm

We were looking at getting in Thursday @ noon....the Friday slot was a panic when we saw 4 open slots, but the second person couldn't grab the last two in time.

Anyone up for a swap? We can do the exchange at the Con if need be.

Thanks

Chris
jfrenia
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by jfrenia »

While I can't swap with you, if you have no need for your 1773 ticket, we possess the other 3 and have a 4th who missed and we would buy it off you. If you're only looking for a swap I'm afraid I am no help.

Happy gaming!
Joe
- Joseph Frenia
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

I've made a post on the GenCon forums to see if anyone is willing to trade. Hope that helps!
Dark Oracle of Gaming
eleran
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by eleran »

I am the 4th player in Joes group. I didnt a single DCC ticket I tried for. If you wanted I would give you cash or generics for the one in 1773.
scrotoz
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by scrotoz »

Eleran....I will most certainly save the ticket for you. I'm hoping for a swap out for the Thursday two ticket session with the Friday two ticket session, or vice versa. I'll PM you and/or jfrenia when all this (hopefully) gets resolved.

Fathead: Thanks much for the post on the GC Forums, I'll go over there and put my two cents in. Sounds like you got your block for Clan Yeoman and we're hoping to square off with you guys again...good luck!!
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

scrotoz wrote: Fathead: Thanks much for the post on the GC Forums, I'll go over there and put my two cents in. Sounds like you got your block for Clan Yeoman and we're hoping to square off with you guys again...good luck!!
No problem.

Yeah...I registered for everyone today. Getting the events in my cart was pretty quick (that part was done in the first minute). Checkout took another 45 minutes (but still better than the 3 hours I spent last year).

I was able to get a full table on Friday for the DCC, and greedily grabbed 4 tickets to play Revenge of the Rat King on Thursday night.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
jfrenia
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by jfrenia »

Glen Eagles is going to make the finals this year, having narrowly missed the finals last year!

:wink:
- Joseph Frenia
scrotoz
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by scrotoz »

Unfortunately, it looks like I won't be able to solicit any ticket trading on the Gen Con Forums (which I can understand...that could lead to serious abuse).

Hopefully, someone will follow the link here and help facilitate this swap.
Damien the Bloodfeaster
Wild-Eyed Zealot

tickets

Post by Damien the Bloodfeaster »

Are people buying these in bulk for several games? I was amazed at how quickly they went--I think all the games were full within 2-3 minutes of registration opening.

I was able to secure a ticket to RPG01777, and was hoping to get a second for a friend of mine. So if anyone has an extra for that, let me know (though I'm not sure what I could trade for it).
Author: Mother of All Encounter Tables; Bits of Magicka series
Coauthor: Rappan Athuk Reloaded

Castle Whiterock Kills: [img]http://public.bag_boy.fastmail.fm/dccskull.jpg[/img] x10
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

fathead has a pretty good strategy he's shared for getting two tix at a time. The DCC Open Tournament always sells pretty fast, though. Last I heard, six and a half hours had gone by and we only had 2 tickets left.

So many PCs, just hastening to their doom (insert evil laugh here)...
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
Monte
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Monte »

Hey scrotoz, I've got the other two tickets for RPG01797.

I've got a team of four that really wants to play together. I've got two for RPG01797 and two for RPG01779. I'm really looking for two tickets in RPG01779, but I'll trade you my RPG01797 tickets for your RPG01772 tickets. At least you guys would all be able to be together then, and as it turns out I can't be at that slot anyway.

Sound OK?
Monte
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Monte »

Feel free to email me to handle this, actually.
JoelF847
Gongfarmer

Re: tickets

Post by JoelF847 »

Damien the Bloodfeaster wrote:I was able to secure a ticket to RPG01777, and was hoping to get a second for a friend of mine. So if anyone has an extra for that, let me know (though I'm not sure what I could trade for it).
I've got one for RPG01777 but my friends got tickets at the 4pm slot on 8/16 instead. I'd be up to trade RPG01777 at 2pm for any at the 4pm slot. From there hopefully we can re-arrange on site if needed.
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Monte wrote: I've got a team of four that really wants to play together. I've got two for RPG01797 and two for RPG01779. I'm really looking for two tickets in RPG01779, but I'll trade you my RPG01797 tickets for your RPG01772 tickets. At least you guys would all be able to be together then, and as it turns out I can't be at that slot anyway.
Hey...that's very cool. Monte is playing the DCC tournament. I thought that was just rumor... :)
Dark Oracle of Gaming
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

We're already designing our "I killed Monte in the DCC 2007 GenCon Tournament" T-shirts...

The DMs I know are eager to show Mr. Cook and friends a very, very (deadly) good time.
Crypt of the Devil Lich, Dungeon Interludes, The Mask of Death, Adventure Begins, Vault of the Dragon Kings, the Power Gamers Wizard Strategy Guide, The Adventure Continues, Palace in the Wastes and PhoenixCrawl Open
scrotoz
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by scrotoz »

ynnen wrote:We're already designing our "I killed Monte in the DCC 2007 GenCon Tournament" T-shirts...

The DMs I know are eager to show Mr. Cook and friends a very, very (deadly) good time.
Watch out....he might get mad and drop a Ptolus book on you <squish>
Mouse
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Mouse »

Everyone

That is so awesome, Monte in the DCC Tournament.

I hope I get him, I am running about a zillion slots this year, and all 3 rounds (so the odds are good I might get him at least once).

But you know he is gonna play strong (just too much experience and rules knowledge). Even letting the dice fall as they may a Monte kill (an MK?) or a TPK are unlikely. I'm sure he will do well, maybe some of the top dog teams might have to worry about a new contender.

Mouse :wink:
Monte
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Monte »

Great. My teammates found this thread today and now they're all worried. Suddenly, I've become a liability.

I think you guys should at least give them a t-shirt too.
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

No worries, we're just ribbing. The tournament is and will remain impartial.

I'm hoping for some intense competition and close rounds this year.
Last year only 50 points divided round 2's SECOND place team and the team that didn't advance, who were only 30 points behind round 2's THIRD place team.
If something like that happens again, that's exciting...it makes every potion, charge, and "take 20" count!
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
jfrenia
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by jfrenia »

It's a little less exciting for the team that barely misses though! I'm not bitter! :wink:
- Joseph Frenia
eleran
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by eleran »

jfrenia wrote:Glen Eagles is going to make the finals this year, having narrowly missed the finals last year!

:wink:
Mostly because your strongest player is back in action :wink:
jfrenia
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by jfrenia »

No, I played last year! :wink:
- Joseph Frenia
eleran
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by eleran »

yeah, and look how that turned out :twisted:
jfrenia
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by jfrenia »

:shock: I finally found out which member of our party was the evil one; you know I always thought it'd turn out to be you.
- Joseph Frenia
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Did you have any luck at getting a full table, Chris?
Dark Oracle of Gaming

Return to “Goodman Games General”