GenCon - anyone arriving early?

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

GenCon - anyone arriving early?

Post by fathead »

I'll be arriving early and playing some games at the Ram on Wednesday. Anyone else planning to arrive early?
Dark Oracle of Gaming
tacojohn4547
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: GenCon - anyone arriving early?

Post by tacojohn4547 »

fathead wrote:I'll be arriving early and playing some games at the Ram on Wednesday. Anyone else planning to arrive early?
Yup, several of us from our regualr group (including Grodog) are traveling on Wednesday. We'll be arriving mid-afternoon, and probably will be interested in some pre-con gaming on Wednesday.

Is the Ram one of the "places to be" for Wednesday gaming?

tacojohn4547
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: GenCon - anyone arriving early?

Post by fathead »

tacojohn4547 wrote:
Is the Ram one of the "places to be" for Wednesday gaming?
Yep. There is a signup for Wednesday gaming on the GenCon forums. I'll post the link sometime today.

Essentially, there will be plenty of people running RPGs and boardgames.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

I'll be there bright and early on Wednesday, and I'll try to wander by after I help set up the Goodman Games booth. After that, I'm always up for something relaxing - like killing PCs or being killed by a malevolent GM.
Crypt of the Devil Lich, Dungeon Interludes, The Mask of Death, Adventure Begins, Vault of the Dragon Kings, the Power Gamers Wizard Strategy Guide, The Adventure Continues, Palace in the Wastes and PhoenixCrawl Open
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Alright, here is the signup that I mentioned. I think the signup is just so that the owner (IndyDave in the thread) knows how many to expect.

http://community.gencon.com/forums/thread/92478.aspx

For my part, I'm tossing around the possibility of running a 3.5 game. I'll either throw something together or run a session from a new campaign that I've been (slowly) assembling.

If anyone is interested, let me know.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Wednesday Dungeon Crawl

Post by fathead »

Alright! I've decided to run a dungeon crawl on Wednesday. So, for all of those who have expressed interest (in a PM or otherwise), let me know what time would be best. Wednesday gaming at the RAM is open from 9am-5pm.

I'll post the details of my dungeon crawl in a couple weeks (once I start putting something together), but expect some good combat, puzzles, riddles, traps, and roleplaying.

If you're interested, post here (with the time that you'd prefer) or PM me with the info.

I'd be willing to run it twice if I have enough interest. If not, I'll just run it once and spend the rest of the time playing the plethora of games available there.

Oh...Superfan...if you read this, PM me! I may finally break down and purchase Dunjinni. If I do, I'll need some help from the master mapper.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Fathead's Wednesday Dungeon Crawl

Post by fathead »

Alright! I have a tentative description. The guys hosting the gaming at the RAM asked me to provide one, as they'll be posting the events on the GenCon forums. I believe the time will be 1-5. I'll post links to other information as I make them (maps, characters, some history, etc).

Anyway, here it is:

D&D 3.5

The Undercity of Arkeene

You have chased the master thief, Esclavien through enemy lands, across the Stonelands, through the fens of the Gren March, and across the Sundered Sea. You had hoped to overtake him before reaching Arkeene, but the storms at sea dashed any chance of that. Now your only choice is to brave the Undercity of Arkeene, and reach the Pale Gate first.

A dungeon crawl for 10th level characters. 6 players. Pregens provided.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

They just posted the event list for Wednesday gaming at the RAM. Feel free to sign up to any events that interest you!

http://community.gencon.com/forums/thread/109000.aspx

The excel file is on that post.

Anyone still interested in playing my event, you can either post on the GenCon forums when the event signup shows tomorrow or post (or PM) here to let me know and I'll make a post for you.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Damien the Bloodfeaster
Wild-Eyed Zealot

@ GenCon

Post by Damien the Bloodfeaster »

I'll be arriving midafternoon Wednesday, but will be at the Ram in the evening. I usually hang with the Necromancer Games folks.
Author: Mother of All Encounter Tables; Bits of Magicka series
Coauthor: Rappan Athuk Reloaded

Castle Whiterock Kills: [img]http://public.bag_boy.fastmail.fm/dccskull.jpg[/img] x10

Return to “Goodman Games General”