FreeRPG Day - outside the U.S.?

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Argamae
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

FreeRPG Day - outside the U.S.?

Post by Argamae »

I was wondering whether there is any chance at all to get hold of the goodies you guys are dishing out on FREE RPG DAY if you happen to live outside the USA. It is a little hard for me to show up in a participating game store... :wink:

So, is there still hope for the module-hungry fans across the Big Blue? :?:
The lucky guy who gets to translate DCCs into German!
Done so far:
DCC#1, DCC #11, DCC #28, DCC #17, DCC #17.5 :)
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

This year it's USA-only. But we're looking into ways to get it in at least Canada and possibly other markets for next year.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Argamae
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Argamae »

This year it's USA-only. But we're looking into ways to get it in at least Canada and possibly other markets for next year.
*sniff* Okay... thanks! I will keep my hopes up! :(
The lucky guy who gets to translate DCCs into German!
Done so far:
DCC#1, DCC #11, DCC #28, DCC #17, DCC #17.5 :)
Borealis
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Borealis »

Hmm...that sucks. Ah, wait a minute...my girlfriend lives very near the US border. I might just have to slip across to the Detroit area and find a gaming store that day. Have to plan for a visit for that weekend. It's for my son; she'll understand. :)

In the event that I'm unable to make it, though, is there a way for us unfortunate souls north of the border to acquire 51.5 anyway?
An amateur practices until he gets it right; a professional practices until he can't get it wrong.
Borrg
Gongfarmer

Post by Borrg »

Any chance you'll be releasing the freerpgday stuff as PDF's for those of us on other continents to purchase?
You have the common-sense of a medusa checking her make-up in a mirror.

- the late Chief of Cliff Port Police Department
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Good news for fans in the UK: One of our distribution partners has arranged to bring the fun of Free RPG Day to the UK! Goodman Games is contributing copies of DCC #51.5: Sinister Secret of Whiterock and Wicked Fantasy Factory #1: Rumble in the Wizard's Tower.

The event does not have a final date yet, and is not the same as Free RPG Day in the USA. It is being organized for a later date, probably in July, and will feature a slightly different mix of product.

The distribution partner is just now coordinating with its UK retailers, and will be publicizing the event when it grows closer to fruition. If you'd like to stay up to date, you can contact sales@esdeviumgames.com for the latest info!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Eryx
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Eryx »

Thats cool. So what exactly is this free RPG day and how does it work?
---

Staunch anti-4E. Nuff said.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

All you have to do is show up to a participating store on June 23 and get free stuff! Here are the details:

http://www.goodmangames.com/freerpgday.php
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
James Mishler
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by James Mishler »

goodmangames wrote:All you have to do is show up to a participating store on June 23 and get free stuff! Here are the details:

http://www.goodmangames.com/freerpgday.php
Note though that it is up to the manager of the shop how many free products a customer can get. At the least, each customer should get one free product on that day... there should be no need to purchase anything to get one product. And mind, that is one product, not one of each product...

Some stores might be more generous, allowing up to one of each product.

Again, it is up to the manager of the store how many each customer may get...
James Mishler
Personal Gameblog: http://adventuresingaming2.blogspot.com
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

goodmangames wrote:Good news for fans in the UK: One of our distribution partners has arranged to bring the fun of Free RPG Day to the UK!
Sweet! I know at least one retailer who is going to be really happy. :)

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.

Return to “Goodman Games General”