The Dungeon Alphabet
The Dungeon Alphabet compiles inspirational tables on classic dungeon design elements to
assist the game master in creating subterranean challenges. This third printing adds eight new topics to the existing twenty-six for thirty-four tables of inspirational materials.
A is for Altar, B is for Books, and C is for Caves: the Dungeon Alphabet has advice, hints, and randomized tables that bring new life to your adventures.
The entries are accompanied by outstanding art from classic fantasy illustrators and are compatible with all fantasy role playing games. This third printing adds Russ Nicholson to the artist lineup, and also features new illustrations by Jeff Easley, Jim Holloway, Peter Mullen, Michael Wilson, and Brad McDevitt, including brand new endsheets.
Congratulations to author Michael Curtis: The Dungeon Alphabet was awarded the prestigious 2011 Three Castles Award at North Texas RPG Convention!
The Dungeon Alphabet
- Skyland Games: “I cannot recommend this book highly enough for the dungeon master looking to get the creative juices flowing, and keep their players guessing!”
- Game Knight Reviews: “So if you’re looking for a great resource to have around for inspiration on a great many topics, The Dungeon Alphabet should definitely find its way into your collection.”
- Earthlight Academy: “Even if you don’t end up using the tables as presented, just flipping through the pages of this book will have your head swimming with ideas. This is due, in part, to the absurd amount of old-school fantasy art. As with the DCC RPG rulebook, this book is a lot of fun to just aimlessly flip through due to the variety of pieces presented.”
- Click here to read even more great reviews of the first and second printings!
- Author interview: Listen as the Jennisodes podcast interviews Michael Curtis about the Dungeon Alphabet, his DCC RPG modules, and his upcoming Adventurers Almanac.
- Another author interview: Grognard Games covers Tim Kask’s corner with Michael Curtis, where he discusses the Dungeon Alphabet, his DCC RPG modules, and other topics.
Writer: Michael Curtis
Foreword: David “Zeb” Cook
Cover Artist: Erol Otus
Interior Artists: Brad McDevitt, Jeff Easley, Jim Holloway, Doug Kovacs, William McAusland, Jesse Mohn, Peter Mullen, Russ Nicholson, Erol Otus, Stefan Poag, Jim Roslof, Chad Sergesketter, Chuck Whelon, Mike Wilson